Table of Contents
air to water heat pump
An air to water heat pump is a heating system that transfers heat from the outside air to the water in your heating system. It’s an alternative to traditional heating systems that burn fossil fuels, such as gas or oil boilers. Instead of generating heat, the air to water heat pump extracts heat from the outside air and delivers it to your home or business.
How Does an Air to Water Heat Pump Work?
An air to water heat pump works by using a refrigerant to transfer heat from the outside air to the water in your heating system. Here are the basic steps:
- The outdoor unit of the heat pump contains a compressor, a condenser, and an expansion valve. The compressor pumps the refrigerant through the system.
- The refrigerant absorbs heat from the outside air and evaporates into a gas.
- The gas is compressed by the compressor, which increases its temperature and pressure.
- The hot gas passes through the condenser, where it releases its heat to the water in your heating system. The refrigerant condenses back into a liquid.
- The liquid refrigerant passes through the expansion valve, where its pressure is reduced. This causes it to evaporate again and repeat the cycle.
Types of Air to Water Heat Pumps
There are two main types of air to water heat pumps: ground source heat pumps and air source heat pumps.
Ground Source Heat Pumps
Ground source heat pumps (GSHPs) use pipes buried in the ground to extract heat from the earth. The pipes contain a mixture of water and antifreeze, which absorbs heat from the ground and delivers it to the heat pump. GSHPs are typically more expensive to install than air source heat pumps, but they’re also more efficient and have a longer lifespan.
Air Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps (ASHPs) extract heat directly from the outside air. They’re usually cheaper to install than ground source heat pumps, but they’re also less efficient and may not work as well in colder climates.
Benefits of Air to Water Heat Pumps
There are many benefits to using an air to water heat pump for your heating needs:
- Energy Efficiency: Air to water heat pumps are highly energy-efficient, using only a small amount of electricity to transfer heat from the outside air to your heating system. This can result in significant cost savings on your energy bills.
- Environmental Friendliness: Unlike traditional heating systems that burn fossil fuels, air to water heat pumps don’t produce any carbon emissions. This makes them a much more environmentally friendly option.
- Versatility: Air to water heat pumps can be used for both heating and cooling your home or business, making them a versatile choice for
Benefits of Zealux Air to Water Heat Pumps
Control your INVERBOOST heating system anywhere anytime by a simple click on the mobile phone. The controller and the APP are multi-functional and easy to use.
EFFICIENCY CLASS A+++
With the most advanced energy saving INVERBOOST technology, ZEALUX INVERBOOST air/water heat pump could reach the highest level of energy efficiency in the market and achieve great saving on energy consumption, reducing energy bills significantly for customers.
Zealux INVERBOOST air/water heat pump range use R32 green refrigerant, which is better for the environment. (the global warming potential of 675 is two-thirds less than R410a.)
QUIET & COMFORTABLE
ZEALUX INVERBOOST air/water heat pump has a very low operation noise, using multiple noise reduction technologies such as noise reduction, sound insulation, and sound absorption, the operating noise is reduced to 42 dB(A), allowing you to enjoy a quiet home life.